Account continually locks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account continually locks

We have a account named [email protected]. It's constantly locking even after resetting the password. This account is only used on a Savin scanner and it's not even authenticating with teh domain, it's authenticating with Office 365.

I have no idea where this account is locking. When i look through the security logs, I see Event ID 4740 - User Account Managemnet.

It shows the security ID and account name, then under the caller computer name, it's blank... I have no idea where to turn at this point. Nothing is showing up anywhere I'm searching for this problem.

Any ideas?
    I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
    Todd

Download the account lockout status tools from ms and see what that shows.

Comment

Have you confirmed that, if the scanner is not in use (turned off) that the password status does or does not change??
      *RicklesP*
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

I used ALS tools and it didn't show me anything. It's a Savin MFP printer and I'd never experienced this with Office 365/Savin before. I ended up trashing the "Scanner" account and creating a "scans" account. My boss created the "Scanner" account so at least when I created the "scans" account I knew I controlled it and didn't log it in anywhere. There's a chance he had it logged in somewhere and that was causing it to fail and lock on me... I'm just glad this was a single use account and not something that was spread over multiple devices. I got lucky!
        I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
        Todd

Comment

Working...
        X