Multiple site question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple site question

If I run multiple sites with multiple DCs how I can tell each site to use their local DC?

Example:

Main Site has 1DC Desktops and some printers.
    Second Site has 2 DCs and Terminal Server / Citrix Farms / Database servers
    Third Site is my DR site and currently has 1DC, 1 Server and backup storage

How would I set it up so the Main site uses the local DC as the primary and the Terminal Servers uses their local DC as the primary and Thrid site uses it's local DC?

(this is not implemented today, just getting advice)

Hobie

Re: Multiple site question

Its handled automatically through the SRV records which have weighting factors included.

As long as ADSS is set up properly and subnets mapped to sites, the local DC will be the preferred target for authentication
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

as ossian spoke of - setup Sites and Services.
      Each site has it's own subnet range - ensure you map this to the right "site' then put the DC for each physical site in the correct "logical" site
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks for the push in the right direction. Since my network is very simple at this point I do not have any subnets and have never adjusted anything in Sites and services.

Time to learn something new

Thanks!
        Hobie

Comment

Working...
        X