Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adfs for new company name

Hi,

My company's name is going to change soon and we created email mailboxes for all the users with the new name. But when it comes to adfs authentication we are not sure how to change that. Should we be creating a new active directory domain with the new company name or is there any other way that lets us change the company name within the existing domain ?

Please help by advising how to make adfs authenticate with the new email adddresses.

We have a total of 300 users.

It's not clear to me what you're asking. You mention ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services) but your question sounds like you're talking about AD DS (Active Directory Domain Services). Can you give us more detail on what it is you're referring to?

Comment

It is about ADFS. I just want to change the usernames of all users to [email protected] from [email protected] so that they can authenticate with adfs for single sign on.

Comment

More detail about your environment needed - especially where ADFS comes into it (Office 365 by any chance?)

HOw about adding a UPN suffix to AD and using Powershell to set the primary one for all your users (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.11).aspx)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

sounds more like utilizing Office 365, then creating the name change, keeping old e-mail address as an alias...so anyone sending mail to oldcompany.com will still be received to newcompany.com and newcompany.com will be the default address.

Comment

Working...
          X