Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Granting folder rights to user in different forest.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granting folder rights to user in different forest.

I've got two forests (Forest A and Forest B ) with a validated two-way non-transitive trust between the domains in each forest. I login as a domain admin to a server in Forest B and can open AD users and computers and browse as needed. I can also open AD in Forest A from that same server in Forest B and can I see all objects.

Where I'm having a problem is trying to grant access to a user in the domain on Forest A to a folder on a server in the domain in Forest B.

On the server in the domain in Forest B, I open "Share and Storage Management and select the share to which I want to grant the user access. I right-click on the share and go to Properties / Permissions / NTFS Permissions. I click on "Add" / "Locations" and select the domain in Forest A. (See attachment) I see the icon as displayed in the attached JPG. However, when I click on the "+" sign, the domain indicated at the arrow does not open or populate.

This is a crucial issue that I need to resolve. What am I missing or what else do I need to do to grant the required access.

Thanks in advance for timely responses.
    Attached Files

Do you see an error message? How long have you waited for the forest to expand? Anything in the event logs to indicate what may be happening?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
    X