No announcement yet.

Active Directory Forest Rename

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Forest Rename

Just wondering has anyone ever done an active directory rename. We have an Active Directory 2003 forest. Our company has recently rebranded and are looking to move away from the old company name. They are looking at renaming the domain name as well. I understand that there are now tools available that allow you to do this?. When we rename the domain, will it automatically update all the computers connected to the domain or will they need re-adding?. Additionally, we have been in the process of building an exchange 2010 server, that is not yet active. Can we still rename with this exhcange server on the domain or would we have to remove the exchange server. Rename the domain and then re-build the exchange server?. Not a massive problem seeing that its not live.

Re: Active Directory Forest Rename

Well i wouldn't suggest that in first place. not at all when you have exchange in place, because it's not supported however if you like to explore options then you can use domain rename tool. Please go thru ramification before you start.
    Thanks & Regards

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points