Active Directory domain Trust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory domain Trust

Hi guys, Thanks for taking ur time, I appreciate ur help....Is it adviceable to setup a domain trust between a RODC and a remote DNS?if so what sort of trust should I use and how do I set it up.....Thanks

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here, but AFAIK RODC's would not play any role in the trust, which needs to be created on a writable DC, and would be from DOMAIN to DOMAIN, not between specific domain controllers

[EDIT] reading your other posts, I presume you are really referring to the machine trusts, not an inter-domain trust
    Last edited by Ossian; 30th April 2016, 10:50.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossain for your reply...you actually said what I am trying to achieve ..The RODC is another domain or in another city and think of using the RODC to Create a domain trust between the domain...is that adviceable and if so what kind of trust would u recommend ...Thanks

Comment

So you will need to create the trust between the two domains - not specific domain controllers within them.
        The domain with the RODC will have at least one writable domain controller in it.

As to "advisable", it depends on what the business case is for having the separate domains trusting each other
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X