Orphand DC - Sort of?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphand DC - Sort of?

I have a child Domain that has an object in it that no longer physically exists - if that makes sense. It is a windows 2000 forest

In the child domain if you look in Active directory Users and computers-->OU=Domain Controllers there is an entry for a DC. However there is no entry for it in Active directory sites and services. As it has no site I can not perform a metadata cleanup. I can see the DC in LDP and in ADSIedit but I have not used these tools before so I am not sure of how to remove the object so it is removed entirely from AD/all Global catalogs

Any help appreciated

Re: Orphand DC - Sort of?

Have you actually tried using metadatacleanup, wouldn't it be in the Default site?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Have you actually tried using metadatacleanup, wouldn't it be in the Default site?
      Yes used ntdsutil to check default site and sites in child domain. Also do not appear in any sites in AD sites and services

Comment

Should anyone wish to reference this in future:

Tried using LDP following MS guide kb244344 but got erroer "Error: Delete: Not allowed on non-leaf. <66>"

Used ADSIEdit and deleted the server from within there.

Replicated with other server from within the domain and the object has gone

Comment

Working...
        X