login a single session in PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login a single session in PC

I Have an Active Directory containe groups and users, Ineed to apply a GPO that allows just one user can log on in th pc (exemple session invite can access the others not), is that possible ? if so you can show me how can i do it

I will be thankful if you can help me

tahnk you

Re: login a single session in PC

Do you mean to restrict each PC to a single named user or to one user at a time?

Can you explain your
    (exemple session invite can access the others not)
    as it does not make any sense to me
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes restrict each PC to a single named user

I mean i need just one user that i have in Active Directory (exemple daniela ) can log in the PC the other users they can't give him error message

can you help me please

Thank you

Comment

You can do it through Active Directory Users and Computers -- there is a user property page which allows you to restrict the computers a user can log on to, but it is a major exercise to keep up to date and has to be done for all users.

Is this something you really need to do -- have a good business case justifying it
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for your answer , but can you tell me how can i do it ??

many Thanks

Comment

Active Directory Users and Computers
            Right click User Account
            Select Properties
            Select Account Tab
            Click Log On To button
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Thank you

now it's clear I did user1 can connect to pc1 and pc2 but i need the user1 log on just in this two pc no other pc it's possible ?

sorry for the disturb

many thanks

Comment

Yes -- that is what I have explained how to do
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

excuse me , but i have problem , i need in one pc just one user can log on plus Administrateur no other personne , with the solution that you give me it's not working the other users can log on

if you can help me

Thank you

Comment

As I said, you will need to do this for EACH user, putting in their own PC. If you do not restrict a user they will have access to all PCs
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Working...
                    X