No announcement yet.

Configuring Roaming Profiles

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring Roaming Profiles

Hello, I have a Windows 2003 server installed. I am having issues with creating roaming profiles. Profiles I create don't seem to roam due to wrong permissions I have. I have got the profile path right in the form \\server_name\Profile\%username%

I want to ask a few questions:

1. Are user profile folders created automatically when the user first logs on or they should be created manually?

1. What should be the effective permissions placed on the Shared PROFILE folder itself? Should it be Everyone (Full Control) or Administrator (Full Control) or Both?.

2. On user profile folders themselves what should be the permissions?.. Is it Administrator & User (Full Control)?

3. When I specify the home folder path for a user e.g \\server_name\Home\%username% the folder gets created but not for the profile path's folder does not get created instantly. What could be the reason for this?

4. Also I want to know whats the main function of the home folder path /folder, how different is its function from the profile path folder.

Thank you.

Re: Configuring Roaming Profiles

This technet article has some guidelines on roaming profile permissions that might be of some use:
    Software for IT Pros that I've written:

My blog:

Re: Configuring Roaming Profiles

Thanks, your link was of great help. Much appreciated.