No announcement yet.

2 sites vpn

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sites vpn

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a 2nd site to replicate oure 3rd dc at the 2nd site. But im getting errors en eventvwr 1272.

it used to be like this: 1site

dc01 haves 3 nics 2.0 3.0 subnet pdc,gc,dnc sync over AD
    dc02 haves 3 nics 1.0 / 2.0 /3.0 subnet gc,dnc sync over AD
    dc03 haves 2 nics 2.0/3.0 subnet gc,dnc sync over AD

Now ive setup a vpn from subnet to The vpn works fine.

In active directory sites and services ive created a 2nd site added subnet attached to the 2nd site and moved dc03 to the 2nd site and changed the ipadresses of dc03 to and

Now that i have 3 subnets at siteA means that dc01 haves 3 A records but site B can only reach 1 subnet but it resolves all 3 A records. Can this be the issue that replication isnt working?
    Last edited by fnmc10; 26th August 2010, 12:44.

Re: 2 sites vpn

First you should be aware that my experience has been that multi-homed DCs can be very problematic.

I really think you should step back and consider an alternative design which includes DCs with single NICs.
    JM @ IT Training & Consulting

when i ping from dc03 to dc01 it cant ping it resolves A-record.

cause vpn = < = >

How are you setting up the VPN -- router to router or using RRAS?
        I have found that router-router VPNs are very easy to work with -- make sure you can resolve DCs in the "other" site by name and fqdn (add static routes if necessary) and all is OK. As soon as RRAS becomes involved, things tend to go pear shaped, as you have found.

Basically, let your router route and your server serve
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

the vpn connection is setup with 2 firewalls. the is issue is that my dcs are multihomed im going to disable 2 nics on each dc from site A.