Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDIFDE Export returns no entries found

Hi,
    I am having a problem using LDIFDE to export OU's. Technet articles and others suggest that adding the switch -s <dcservername> will resolve the problem. Unfortunately this has not been the case and I wondered if others had come across this problem and found a solution.

The command reads:
    ldifde -f ExportOU.ldf -s <dcservername> -d "dc=xxxxx, dc=local" -p subtree -r "(ObjectCategory=OrganisationalUnit)" -l "cn,objectclass,ou"

Output reads:
    Connecting to "<dcservername>.xxxx.local"
    Logging in as current user using SSPI
    Exporting directory to file ExportOU.ldf
    Searching for entries…
    Writing out entries
    No entries found

Re: LDIFDE Export returns no entries found

Are you running this on a dc or on another machine?
    What account are you using -- is it a domain admin?

Moved to AD forum for best response
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian,

Command is run from the dc I need to export from using domain administrator credentials.

Comment

How about trying variations on LDIFDE -- export everything and see if that works, then add switches one by one.

Basically establish if it is a general problem or with your specific command

can you confirm DC OS (2008 or R2?) and domain and forest FLs
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,
          Export DC is 2008 Enterprise in separate forest to my intended import to 2008r2 Enterprise. Both domains are running at 2003 functional level. Obviously at this stage the output from command is being saved to the c: drive of dc I am trying to export from.

Will give your suggestion a try and revert asap

Thanks

Comment

Good call, tried it without switches and it generated 6000 entries. Will work on syntax to achieve desired result.

Thanks

Comment

Sorted!!
              I simply changed the spelling of organisationalUnit to organizationalUnit and it returned the desired result.

Who was it who said "US and UK, separated by a common language"

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction

Comment

Churchill, of course
                And who was it who said (of America)
                "The only country to have gone from barbarism to decadence without an intervening period of civilisation" (or civilization)
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

To quote another saying by an elderly Scottish TV presenter from the 60's
                  "In the highlands & the Lowlands and over the border, I wish you a very good night"
                  I think his name was Jack Hargreaves and the programmes called Out of Town"

Ain't nostalgia grand?

Comment

Working...
                  X