Fine Grained Password Policies not being applied to Security groups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine Grained Password Policies not being applied to Security groups

I'm trying to use the fine grained password policies basically the steps in the below link. We have almost 5000 users so I don't want to add every one to the policy individually so I figured I could add groups. However the policy does't seem to be getting applied to groups but if I add users individually it does. Is there a way of applying this to a group I'm missing that anyone knows about?

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...-policies.html

If you check the TechNet link (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.10).aspx) you will see the policies apply only to user objects and GLOBAL security groups - check what type of group you are using and change if necessary
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Trying a security Group

Comment

Yes, but what SORT of security group?
        (If you were previously using a distribution group, there is no way to apply permissions to them!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Got the same issue :/
          In my case:
          domain functional level is Windows Server 2008 R2
          "dsget user" shows that policy is applied
          Group its applied to is global

But user still not getting the policy
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X