Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sysvol file

Dears,
    I have problem with my domain controller (2003 server), after adding an additional domain the sysvol folder didn't replicate to the new domain 2012 server, after checking the old servr I found some registry keys missing you can refer to the attached.
    I need your help to solve this problem .

best regards .

Do you mean an additional domain controller for an existing domain, or a first domain controller for a new domain?

Not clear what the image is supposed to show
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Was ForestPrep and DomainPrep run from the Server 2012 Install DVD on Server 2003 DC?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

dears,
        i mean i just have one domain controller in my network 2003, when i tried to add an additional 2012 domain the sysvoll didn't replicate to the new server 2012, after checking the registry keys in the old domain (server 2003) i found some missing registry keys that cause error in the replication

Comment

Have you done as Biggles suggested and prepped the domain for Server 2012?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

dear Ossian,
            i dont want to upgrade the server from 2003 to 2012, i have build anew server 2012 and added it as a additional domain to the existing domain 2003, after that i move the FSMO from the old domain 2003 to the new server 2012 everything gone well except the sysvol folder that didn't move to the new server.

Comment

Ok, ONE more time. You NEED to run ForestPrep and DomainPrep on the 2003 DC. This updates the AD Schema to allow for the addition of a 2012 DC. The ForestPrep and DomainPrep files are on the 2012 Install DVD. There are TWO file. One is for a 64bit Server Operating System. The second is for a 32bit Operating System. I imagine you are not running Server 2003 R2 64bit so you SHALL need the 32bit version of ForestPrep and DomainPrep to run on Server 2003 DC.

Now if you still don't understand what Ossian and I have written, please post back letting us know that so we can find a different way to tell you that you need to run ForestPrep and DomainPrep on the 2003 DC.

Thanks.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

dear Biggles,
                can i run the ForestPrep and DomainPrep on the 2003 DC from 2003 DVD?

Comment

NO!!! How can a Server 2003 DVD update the AD Schema attributes for Server 2012?

Next question.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

ok, but i cant found any adprep32.exe in the DVD2012 ? from where i can get it ?

Comment

dears,
                      i tried the files of win server 2008 but i got this attached message
                      Attached Files

Comment

dears,
                        after checking the version of the schema i got the attached info
                        Attached Files

Comment

OK, Schema Version 69 is 2012R2, but that doesn't necessarily mean all prep has been run
                          Suggest you re-do the domain and forest prep from the 2012R2 media (it WILL have a 32-bit version)
                          Also can you tell us the current DFL and FFL
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

the FFL is windows server 2003.
                            i don't understand what you mean withe you re-do the domain and forest prep from the 2012R2 media

Comment

In case something has gone wrong with ADPrep:
                              1) Put the Server 2012 media into your 2003 DC
                              2) Log on as a Schema Admin
                              3) Locate ADPREP (32 bit) on the media (see for help: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=se...ABw&gws_rd=ssl)
                              4) Run domainprep. forestprep and, if required RODCPrep
                              5) Reboot 2003 DC
                              Alternatively ask your network administrator to do it all
                              Tom Jones
                              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                              IT Trainer / Consultant
                              Ossian Ltd
                              Scotland

Comment

Working...
                              X