Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory & Outlook 2010 Client

Hello there all,

I am trying to learn how to configure a system where, when a user logs in through active directory they will have all their emails and signatures loaded in the outlook 2010 client!

There is only one thing I can see being a problem and that is that the mailboxes are 50GB each, although we only employ around 15 people, who would be logging on to the server daily and usually they will stay on the same machine.

We do not host our own exchange server and I am not entirely sure if this is possible without hosting our own!

I spent a lot of time looking through various search engines and couldn't manage to find anything other than, "Outlook web app to access exchange server" but we would prefer to use the outlook client as we have paid for the license!

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm new to active directory!
    Dan

Where is the email stored - Office 365 or some 3rd party mail server?
    If you use Office 365 it should be possible
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It is stored on a 3rd party mail server and we dont use office 365 but we could convert if it was possible in the actual outlook client!

Comment

You will need to speak to your mail provider, but it is most likely they are offering POP3 or IMAP email and unlikely you could get single sign on working OK
        Consider moving to Office 365 - MS would love to take your money!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Could you provide me the name of the service I need to setup such a system? What would the service be called in office 365 any good tutorials or Microsoft links to back this?

Comment

It is not something you would do lightly - the service is Exchange Online but do a lot of research first including costs, where data is stored, and how it will integrate with your current AD. As a quick suggestion: get a consultant
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Is it essential that staff can logon and then automatically get their messages via Outlook? Do your staff share machines or does everyone have their own work PC?
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Automatically Configure Outlook 2010 Profile

I don't know if this is the tool that I remember but it may be worth a read. I do remember reading about a tool that would do what the OP wants but the black hole between the ears isn't allowing light to escape let alone a tool name. Sorry.

[EDIT] Sembee might be the one to ask as he is all knowing with Outlook (and Exchange). DanielP might know about something for this as well coz he is pretty clever as well.
                Last edited by biggles77; 24th August 2015, 19:33.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X