Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join domain issue on 2 VMs cross VMware Workstation from different Physical computer

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join domain issue on 2 VMs cross VMware Workstation from different Physical computer

Dear All,

My initial purpose is to scale out my virtualization LAB hardware capability.
    I try to using a 4 giga ports IP share router to connect 2 physical computer and both physical computer had install VMware Workstation 11 and VMs running.

My lab environment:
    1.A 4 ports ip share router:
    Setup ADSL properly and IP is 192.168.1.1/24 (disable the default dhcp function for releasing ip in 192.168.1.X)
    2. A physical laptop install win 7 and there are win 2012 r2 VM DC (192.168.1.2/24; RoleC,DNS,DHCP) and a test win 2012 r2 client VM (192.168.1.12/24) on VMware workstation 11.
    3. A physical PC install win 7 and there are win 2012 r2 VM client (192.168.1.22/24) on VMware workstation 11 try to join domain, but failure.

The symptom is:
    1. If my Vmware workstation lab environment is on same physical computer, everything is running perfectly. (For Example: laptop environment, no issue on nslookup testing and joining VM to domain.)
    2. Issue only happen on one computer from another VMware workstation in physical computer try to join a domain controller VM which is created in another VMware workstation.
    a. All computer can ping each other without issue between VMware workstation.
    b. On physical PC, nslookup will show dns request timeout and when you try to join computer to domain, you will see a popup window show "an active directory domain controller for the domain "lab.com" could not be connected.".

Dear All,
    I dig this issue already one week and really try to fix it to scale out my lab hardware limitation.
    If you have idea what wrong about this infrastructure, please give me your instruction.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Guccimarion

Thanks

This is related to your other post, https://www.petri.com/forums/forum/m...dns-assistance
    So I'll lock this thread.
    Please try and avoid double-posting.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
    X