Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory physical and logical topology

Hi,
    I have to make Active Directory physical and logical topology in this case an organization is deciding to build a network from scratch and they have two office both in separate cities one in Adelaide and other in Tea Tree Gully. These two locations will be treated as separate sites in future but as currently the offices in Tea Tree Gully are in the process of construction. TheWAN connection between the two is considered a high speed link and at the moment considered as a single LAN.

Now my query under the current situation how can I make physical and logical topology and if they became separate sites how can I make physical and logical topology so please advice me what to do

Thanks & regard,
    Osama Faheem

Sounds like its homework time again....
    If it is, please say so, as it would not be fair to expect members to give advice under those circumstances.

What current experience do you have in designing an AD environment?
    What environment do you have in the existing Adelaide site?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply well in AD design I am quite new and the as I told you have to I have to build everything from scratch for both sites so we will be using Windows Server 2012 R2 and a separate fileserver

Thanks & regard,
      Osama

Comment

How big is the organisation (how many PCs / users)
        Do you have an existing AD infrastructure (if so, tell us about it)
        What connectivity do you have between sites (actual speed / type of connection)
        Your best solution may be to hire a consultant - you will learn a lot by working with them on the project and the results will be considerably better than if you try to learn AD design "on the job"
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X