Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer group membership not applies

Hi,
    I added a computer to a security group. Added it on Domain Controller that resides on the same site (and LAN) as pc.
    GPRESULT -R doesn't show the membership of the new group. after few reboots and now after 40 min of time.

The sync is not involved I guess as soon as the pc and DC are on the same subnet without any traffic and 1Gb network.

What could be a problem?
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Run GPResult with the option to save the results as an html file (see this link). This will include any error codes which will help you troubleshoot the cause.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Is the computer wireless?

Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Ethernet connection (wireless off).
        It still in the same state... just as addition: GPOs that applied after adding computer to the group are properly applied and sure appear in GP resultant. Don't see any specific error in GP Result
        See pic please. Computer is member of 2 groups (Ordinateurs du domaine (Domaine Computers) and G_APPV..) APPV membership is not applied.
        The only related thing that I can think is :
        yesterday, the group "G_APPV.." was renamed from "APPV..." I don't want to think that there is a problem because when adding comp to the group I didn't have any problem for finding it.
        Also, just checked DC in main office where the Group in question actually resides. And the computer does appear in the group members list.

never saw this...
        UPDATE:
        And the thing happened ! NO computer is still not shows up in gpresult security groups. But I got the final result that this group membership should provide.

It should allow getting APPV package from APPV server. The virtual App suddenly appeared on user desktop. It is normal for taking time. As a first step I have to be sure that the comp is the member of the group in order to see the app delivered. And it was not showing up.
        The situation : Group membership does apply. But the group not appears in GPRESULT.
        I would like to see it in GPRESULT and to know why the heck happens. Any more thoughts?
        Thanks.
        Attached Files
        "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Try clearing the kerberos ticket for the machine.

- download psexec from www.sysinternals.com
          - run the following command to run a command prompt as the system:
          Code:
          psexec.exe -i -s -d cmd
          - run the following command in the system cmd prompt:
          Code:
          klist purge
          - reboot the computer

If this works then it would have been just a matter of time before it would have refreshed the kerberos ticket. (default refresh is 8 days)
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
          X