OS integrated AD Self Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS integrated AD Self Service

didn't know if this area is the right one or maybe AD or even the server area but i'm going to put this in here and please by all means move it if it doesn't belong. On to my issue.

Ok so , i've been trying to find out some sort of self service tool for Active Directory where the users can reset/unlock their own accounts. I'm coming across a lot of web based solutions which in and of themselves look pretty decent, however, if a user is completely locked out of their PC, the web based solution being helpful goes to nil. Does anyone here know of any solutions where it would integrate with windows in the sense of maybe putting a "Forgot Password"/"Unlock Account" button to the log-in window? Can't seem to come across anything of this sort. Heck, i don't know if it is even possible. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: OS integrated AD Self Service

Moved to AD forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Not sure what you've been searching for, but a year or so back I found this within 5 minutes of Googling

http://www.specopssoft.com/web/speco...rd-policy.aspx

We didn't implement it in the end as we decided there wasn't really a business case for self-service password resets in a company of our size.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        Not sure what you've been searching for, but a year or so back I found this within 5 minutes of Googling

http://www.specopssoft.com/web/speco...rd-policy.aspx

We didn't implement it in the end as we decided there wasn't really a business case for self-service password resets in a company of our size.
        Thanks for the info. This looks promising.

Comment

Working...
        X