Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem in replication and client logon !?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in replication and client logon !?

I have a problem with replication between the Domain controller and additional domain controllers

The case:

We have one domain controller and two additional controllers all running windows server 2003 R2 stranded edition 32bit SP2 and all clients running windows server 2003 R2 enterprise edition 64bit .
    In 11/03/2010 we switch on our system ,there was a time difference in the system ( because the system was installed in another country ) ,So we change the time to our local time in the domain controller and after the work day end we shutdown the whole system .

Next day when we switch on our system all clients couldn't login to the domain by using domain administrator account, and we get the following massage:

Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not found. Please try again later. If this message continues to appear contact your System Administrator for assistance.

So we do some restarts to the clients, some of the clients (randomly) could login to the domain and other still couldn't.

This problem continues to appear every time we switch ON/OFF the system and every time it appears randomly some time everything work fine and other time not.

When we tried to diagnose the problem we found out that there is no replication between the domain controller and the additional domain controller ,by using MS support tool (repadmin).

repadmin /showrepl

We indicate that the last successful replication was in (15/07/2009)

Then we tried to initiate manual replication between the DC and ADC using repadmin tool.

repadmin /replicate mg1.example.local mg2.example.local dc=example,dc=local

And we get the following massage

DSReplicaSync <> failed with status 8614 (0x21a6):
    The active directory cannot replicate with this server because the time since the last replication with this server has exceeded the tombstone lifetime

any one Have solution or idea to this problem ?
    Last edited by Wired; 26th July 2010, 14:14. Reason: Removed giant font (Ossian) - Removed excess BBCODE (Wired)

Re: Problem in replication and client logon !?

No need to use a wierd font size -- it will not get you any extra attention
    Edited out
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i am use it because i thought the font is small
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by engmo83 View Post
        i am use it because i thought the font is small
        thanks

Check the Server time (Year), if the server time diffrence is more then 60 day's it will not replicate

The default value of the tombstone lifetime depends on the version of the operating system that is running on the first domain controller that is installed in a forest, as follows:
        Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003: The default value is 60 days.
        Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1): The default value is 180 days

Ganesamoorthy.S

Comment

Since your last replication was in 2009 it is more than likely that there are lingering object issues. See if there is also event 1388 or 1988 logged.
          To deal with those either follow: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...10(WS.10).aspx
          or
          Reinstall the OS on the offending DC and promote again. Make sure that any FSMO roles are seized, metadata cleaned and any DNS reference and records are deleted.
          Start replicating from a working DC.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi,

Try this to understand the lingering object issues.

<LINK REMOVED>

Regards,
            Ganesamoorthy
            Last edited by Wired; 29th July 2010, 00:40. Reason: nuked links

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesamoorthy View Post
              Hi,

Try this to understand the lingering object issues.

<LINK REMOVED>

Regards,
              Ganesamoorthy
              Or even better from the original source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910205

Ganesamoorthy, If you are going to publish stuff in your site with contents from another site, you need to make sure you put a link to the source unless specified otherwise on the source site. If you don't do that you are wondering into plagiarism waters.
              Last edited by Wired; 29th July 2010, 00:40. Reason: nuked link
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesamoorthy View Post
                Check the Server time (Year), if the server time diffrence is more then 60 day's it will not replicate

The default value of the tombstone lifetime depends on the version of the operating system that is running on the first domain controller that is installed in a forest, as follows:
                Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003: The default value is 60 days.
                Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1): The default value is 180 days

Ganesamoorthy.S
                Dear

the system time and date is the same in all servers i checked it
                the OS is windows server 2003 SP2 the default value is 60 days

thanks

Comment

Dear L4ndy

yes its not just a lingering object problem .

i read the link in your replay " It has been too long since this machine replicated"Do you think its useful in my case ?
                  and in fact i can not reinstall The DC because It is responsible on many services in the system not just a DC server .

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X