Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista Business not Joining Server 2008 Foundation Domain - Network path not available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Business not Joining Server 2008 Foundation Domain - Network path not available

Hi all,

First of all, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I have a small network made up of:
    1 Server/DC running Windows 2008 Foundation
    4 Win XP Workstations
    1 Vista Business Laptop

Have setup the domain on Windows 2008 Foundation and running fine, already joined the XP workstations to the domain without any hassle.

I have been trying though for the last 4 hours to join the Vista laptop to the domain without any luck. I keep getting the "network path not available" error

I've tried all the possible ways and rechecked all the settings.

Connected the Vista laptop by cable to the network, DNS setting is pointing to the domain, typed in the FQDN for the domain, i get the prompt to input the admin credentials, afterwards I get the Network Path error.

What I've tried and didn't work.
    a) created a computer account for the laptop on the DC, added IP of DC in WINS on the laptop and tried to join domain - same error.
    b) connected the laptop directly to the server, tried to join domain - same error.
    c) unchecked IPV6 in network connections, tried to join domain - same error.
    d) disable firewall both ways, server and laptop - same error.
    e) tried to join my personal Windows 7 laptop to the domain, it joins without any problem.

I'm out of ideas.

Any one can help me out here?

Thanks a lot

Re: Vista Business not Joining Server 2008 Foundation Domain - Network path not avail

Is the Vista machine getting an IP Address in the correct range???

Is DNS working properly, i'm presuming it is because the Windows 7 machine joined ok.

Any endpoint security apps installed on the machines that may be affecting this???

Comment

Re: Vista Business not Joining Server 2008 Foundation Domain - Network path not avail

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Is the Vista machine getting an IP Address in the correct range???

Is DNS working properly, i'm presuming it is because the Windows 7 machine joined ok.

Any endpoint security apps installed on the machines that may be affecting this???
      hi thanks for replying.

Yup all the ip configs for the Vista is ok, I checked and rechecked.

DNS is working without any probs.

The XP Machines and my Win 7 laptop joined the domain at the first try.

I did disable the firewalls and antiviruses for the Vista when trying to join, with no luck.

Comment

What firewalls do you have installed???

Have a read at this thread on another forum and see if it helps debug the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/netw...not-found.html

Comment

Can you ping the foundation server (netbios and fqdn) from the client?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            Can you ping the foundation server (netbios and fqdn) from the client?

Hi, yea I can ping the server without any probs, ip and fqdn.

It's frustrating because all settings seem to be ok for the Vista to be able to join the domain without any probs and i don't think I've left anything out.

Comment

Are you up against any of the other limitations of Foundation Server?
              http://www.petri.com/introduction-to...foundation.htm
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X