Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory preparation for Interview

Dear Experts,

I would like to ask experts about any resource explaining Active Directory concepts and terms

- Forest
    - Site
    - Tree
    - Domain
    - LDAP

Active Directory Logical and Physical structure. Actually after two days I have a interview on this subject and need short easy to follow course for the same so that I would be in a position to give correct answers.
    Also you must be aware of what sort of questions can be asked for AD in an interview, please help me out provide online articles.

Thanks and waiting for quick responses for the same.

Regards

Re: Active Directory preparation for Interview

there are several articles on the main petri site that provide information on the sorts of questions that could be expected in a technical based interview.

I would suggest that two days is not enough time for you to adequately learn the knowledge you need, and to save the employers' time, as well as your own, you should withdraw your application. This would also give another applicant the opportunity to apply for a role they deserve.

It severely disappoints me, that someone could be selected as a candidate for interview, and then need to actually ask how to respond to questions for the interview. It highlights to me that the candidate has major gaps in knowledge, and should not be considered for this role. It further upsets me when I know that other candidates that in all liklihood have the requisite skills, knowledge, experience and ability, are overlooked for the role, on the basis of god knows what.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I fully agree. When I arrange an interview with a candidate, I often will choose a field that they do not have previous experience with and ask them to research what they can about it - what I'm looking for there is initiative, rather than knowledge. I would be severely disappointed to learn that a candidate would come to a site like this and ask for a crash course, particularly in something as key as Active Directory, rather than looking it up for themselves.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Concur
        And any good (or even half way decent) interviewer will catch you out very quickly

What are your certifications and experience?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

For a modest fee though, I'm sure you can get someone from here to take the interview test for you.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Don't say that, even in jest -- it probably (judging by the quality of some "admins" here) happens in a heck of a lot of places
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X