No announcement yet.

ADAM issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADAM issue

I am having an issue...I think you are going tot say you are in the wrong forum...but this is related with Active Directory and ADAM.

I have main server that uses ADAM and a secondary server that "replicates" what is on main server but I getting errors like

1. Event ID: 105
    Source: Vmware View
    Connection Server can not start. The ADAM configuration entry for this computer (cn=VIEWSERVERCR2,ou=server,ou=properties,dc=vdi,d c=vmware,dc=int) can not be read (Referral). It is possible that this server computer name has changed since the "Connection Server" software was installed or the entry has been removed from ADAM. From Control Panel "Add or Remove Programs" please remove "Connection Server" and "Adam Instance VMwareVDMDS" and then reinstall "Connection Server".

An attempt to transfer the operations master role represented by the following object failed.

Current operations master role:
    CN=NTDS Settings,CN=VIEWSERVERCR1$VMwareVDMDS,CN=Servers,C N=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,CN={ADD592D8-FE4F-4183-A748-564801F853FB}
    Proposed operations master role:
    CN=NTDS Settings,CN=VIEWSERVERCR2$VMwareVDMDS,CN=Servers,C N=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,CN={ADD592D8-FE4F-4183-A748-564801F853FB}

The directory server has failed to update the ADAM serviceConnectionPoint object in the Active Directory. This operation will be retried.

any idea about these errors might be something on DNS or active directory regarding this N={ADD592D8-FE4F-4183-A748-564801F853FB}

I uploaded it the events information and screen shots here

thanks a lot
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kopper; 18th June 2010, 03:05.