limit adding users for a delegated control of an Organisational Unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limit adding users for a delegated control of an Organisational Unit

We have a OU USERS where we manage all our users. There are several OU's above this container which contain other users who have nothing to do with us.

Underneath OU USERS we have several OU's per geographical branch (OU A, OU B, ...) of our company which contain different groups containing users from OU USERS. This because of the fact that several users work in different geographical branches.

We want to delegate the control for a OU in one branch (OU A) to one of the local staff members. The goal is to let him manage the groups in this container (add/remove users) but we want don't want him to add all possible users from the entire company. we want the scope which he uses limited to the users in OU USERS, if possible only the users which work in his branch. Can this be managed? If so, how can we do this?

Re: limit adding users for a delegated control of an Organisational Unit

While I don't know if you can lock this down or not, you need to be tackling this through training and policy, and using technology to back that up. Don't rely on technology alone.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: limit adding users for a delegated control of an Organisational Unit

One way would be to right click on the required OU and use the Delegation of Control wizard.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X