X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delegate permissions to a particular AD Security group

Hello,

I want to delegate permissions to a particular AD Security group allowing
    them to change the following attributes - (changing the text information only, strict)

First name-
    Initials-
    Last name-
    Description -
    Office-
    Telephone Number

Basically all fields within the tabs General, Address, Telephones,
    Organization etc.

Any ideas which are the appropriate options to apply from the AD Users and Computers Delegation Wizard?
    Insaf Muhammed
    System Admin
    -----------------
    Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Re: Delegate permissions to a particular AD Security group

I doubt they will be in the delegation of control wizard. It is very generic.

You could look into setting these at the OU level using the security tab. Go to the OU that contains the user accounts that require the permissions to be set. Ensure View 'Advanced Options' is selected. Right click on the OU and then Properties. Select the Security tab. Select the advanced option and see if the granular permissions exist there.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      I doubt they will be in the delegation of control wizard. It is very generic.

You could look into setting these at the OU level using the security tab. Go to the OU that contains the user accounts that require the permissions to be set. Ensure View 'Advanced Options' is selected. Right click on the OU and then Properties. Select the Security tab. Select the advanced option and see if the granular permissions exist there.

No, they are available via Delegation and that's the proper way to do it. When you start the Delegation of Control wizard select the option to create a custom task to delegate, then click Next until you are at the Permissions screen, then select the first two checkboxes, then select the individual checkboxes for the permissions that you want to delegate.

Comment

Ok. I didn't realise you can set the attribute field permissions of an AD account there.
        Last edited by Virtual; 12th June 2010, 18:07.

Comment

Thank you all!
          Insaf Muhammed
          System Admin
          -----------------
          Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Comment

Working...
          X