Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Email address of user in Active directory

Hi!

How can i edit the last name of the user in the email so that user will not lose any emails and every thing works fine.
    i.e. User email address [email protected] and now i want to change the lastname to some thing else.
    I have seen some solutions on the google but i want to be sure before applying any changes so that user will not lose any email, groups settings etc.

Regards,

Capricorn

Re: Edit Email address of user in Active directory

I could be wrong but this is a pretty simple thing. You just go into the E-mail addresses tab of the account and add a new email which has the new name. That should have both (old and new) emails delivering to the same mailbox.

This is of course, assuming you are using exchange.

If you want to change the name of the user in AD also then a simple rename should fix it.
    Two things:
    1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
    2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

Hi!

We normally creates account from Active directory.

If there will be two email address so the email will deliver to both or to the new one?

I am searching a perfect tutorial in this case.

Regards,

Capricorn

Comment

If you go to the current account and then add another email address (in the E-mail Addresses tab) then it will add a another email address that will deliver mail to the original email box. For example if you have [email protected] and you want to change the name to [email protected] you can ADD [email protected] and then any email that comes to john.smith OR johnathan.smith will be delivered to the original mailbox of john.smith. This means that there is another functional and correct email that is linked or attached to the original mailbox.
        Two things:
        1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
        2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

Draenok is correct assuming ou are using Exchange. If you are using Exchange also don't forget to uncheck the box for "automatically update email address based on recipient policies".

Comment

You will also need to high light the new address and set it as the primary address. This can be accomplished in in the same location that you configure the new email address.

Regards,

Jamie

Comment

Working...
            X