Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to modify objectclass of a AD container?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to modify objectclass of a AD container?

Hi, All:

I need to modify an entry which was erroneously created with "objectClass: container" attribute:

dn: CN=auto.home,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System, DC=example,DC=com
    objectClass: top
    objectClass: container
    cn: auto.home
    distinguishedName: CN=auto.home,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System, DC=example,DC=com
    name: auto.home
    objectCategory: CN=Container,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=example ,DC=com

to following :

dn: CN=auto.home,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System, DC=example,DC=com
    objectClass: top
    objectClass: nisMap
    cn: auto.home
    distinguishedName:
    CN=auto.home,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System, DC=example,DC=com
    name: auto.home
    nisMapName: auto.home
    objectCategory: CN=nisObject,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=example ,DC=com

I have tried adsiedit.msc, and ldifde tools, but all give me "unwilling to perform" error.

How would I make above modification, and with which tool ?

Thanks

Re: how to modify objectclass of a AD container?

Can you give us a bit more info on the background, why are you trying to modify that?
    You may get that error because the objectclass value you are specifying might not be recognised or it simply cannot be modified.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: how to modify objectclass of a AD container?

Well, this AD server is a Windows 2003 release 2 server, used for user authentication and serving automount map for user home dirs for both Windows and Unix users.

Our current set up does not work with Redhat 5.2+, due to changes in autofs5 package. By trial and error, I have made autofs5 work again , but the solution requires above attribute change to auto.home entry in the AD.

The AD server is part of an application, so I need to find a way to migrate existing app instances which had been created with old attributes.

Note: if I can simply add "objectClass: nisMap" and "nisMapName: auto.home" attributes to the existing entry, I think that would work for me as well, I don't have to remove "objectClass: container" attribute, though I have not tested this scenario yet.

Comment

Working...
      X