Single user can't browse internet on mutliple machines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single user can't browse internet on mutliple machines

Basics: Windows 2003 Server with a domain behind Cisco 1811 router/firewall.
    Primary Domain Controller and Secondary Domain Controller both Win 2k3. 30 workstations. Active Directory setup with roaming profiles. No proxy server.

Affected Workstation: Windows XP SP3 with IE8. Rebuilt TCP/IP stacks and Winsock on workstation. Removed and reinstalled IE. Listed 2 internal and 2 external DNS Resolvers in DNS tab. Can ping external IPs from command prompt.

Problem: I have a single user that can not browse the Internet with IE8. No one else is having any issues. In the information bar at the bottom left when attempting to open Google (or anything else) it gives the "DNS Error.html" warning then displays "Website can not be opened". I can log this user off of the workstation, log on as admin or anyone else, and internet connectivity is no issue. If he logs onto a different computer that has no problems, he gets the same issue of no connectivity. This would indicate that it is somewhere in his personal settings and follows him through his roaming profile. How would I diagnos this or make changes in these settings so he can get on the internet? Or do I need to look somewhere else?

Re: Single user can't browse internet on mutliple machines

How about nuking his profile?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Maybe there's a bogus proxy setting in his IE-Connections settings?
      *RicklesP*
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Have you already tried clearing the IE-cache of this user?
        http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
        http://www.milincorporated.com/a_indexdat.html

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X