No announcement yet.

Restricting Removable Storage

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricting Removable Storage

I have been trying to disable all types of removable media through the group policy

But it is not working as expected. I am trying this from Server 2008 ADS. There are few options to block storage media under user config\ policies\administrative templates\ system\Removable storage access.

I have enabled the policy :All Removable storage classes deny access

But still when ever I am plugging in the USB drive it getting detected as normal.

Can anyone tried this before. is it working ?

I need to control all removable storage on all vista clients. can somebody tell me working solution to do the same with group policies ?

Re: Restricting Removable Storage

Did you check if the new policy takes effect?
    eg. gpresult /z

Did you check if the computer object is in the right OU?

have you checked out the other threads about preventing the use of USB storage devices, or the article on the petri home page ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

I have tried rsop.msc on the client to verify if polycies are getting updated, it is reflecting the new polices fine.

but still USB is working. I have referred all other posts related to this topic all of them work mostly work with individula config on each system.

I want to control all the vista and windows 7 clients through GP. I read that server 2008 AD has direct policies to restrict removable media.

DO I need to do any additional config other than enabling the setting through GPO?

please provide me the right procedure to it if anyone have it.