Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Installation permission

Hello Experts,

I have a group of technical persons from desktop department, and need to give them specific permissions which will allow them to install application on desktops.

I dont want to add them as domain admins.

what are the permissions that will be necessary for this task?

waiting for your help.

Thanks.

Re: Software Installation permission

Local admins (use restricted groups) or maybe you could get away with power users
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I created a global security group, added the desktop technical users to it, and used a computer GPO | security | restricted groups.

Now the global security group is member of Administrators group on all workstations.

Hope this will also take care of adding PC's to domain. right?

THanks.

Comment

Any domain user can add up to 10 PCs to the domain (unless modified by GPO) so there will be no isses here
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X