Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying Group Policy in AD LDS

Hi All,
    As we can apply Group Level policy in AD DS, similarily is there any mechanism for applying Group level policy in AD LDS?

Re: Applying Group Policy in AD LDS

No, only local policies
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks very much for the answer.
      Elaborating this question a little more. The LDS is installed on single server and is being replicated to one more server. If I have to make a group how can i achieve the same, If i have a bunch of users some I want to put it in Category 1 and some i want to put in Category 2, can we achieve the same in LDS or not? If yes, now can the category wise policy be defined.

Comment

I don't think you are talking about Group Policies (e.g. standardised desktop settings)?

Can you explain a bit more clearly please?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

This LDS would be used for a single web based application and external user profiles used be saved in it, suppose among the several external users some are premium users and some are normal user, can we make and apply some policies at this level so that all peumium users are given special some special Privileges.

Comment

Surely that will depend on the application?
            LDS will allow you to define groups and add members to those groups, then the application can use them to give different privileges.
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Ok, but I hit many documents and everyone says group policies are not supported on AD LDS

Comment

Groups are not the same as group policies
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

OK, so can we make groups in LDS and can apply group policies in LDS with the help of application.
                  Apologies for my limited understanding, but just wanted to clear this doubt.

Comment

The policies you refer to are controlled by the application
                    It can use the groups in LDS to decide what permissions to give someone
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Hi Ossian,
                      Thanks a lot....really appreciate your quick help.

Comment

Working...
                      X