Active Directory Concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Concept

I want to install one ADC with only infrastructure master...is it possible???

Re: Active Directory Concept

Can you be a bit more clear about what you are trying to do?
    Where you place the Infarstructure Master fsmo role depends on how your IT infrastructure is set up. Single domain, multidomain?? Without that info is hard to speculate.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Yes, no problem, but why?
      Should not be a GC and as L4ndy says, a bit more info about the reasoning would help a great deal
      Read here for more background:
      http://www.petri.com/understanding_fsmo_roles_in_ad.htm
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Single domain is there and there are 3 domain controllers..two is GC and another one i want to have only infrastructure master.

Another thing i want to know that if i want to have GC in all of my 3 server then what will be the problem and Advantages??

Thanks in ADvance

Comment

Is it single site or multi site?
          Do you have Exchange?
          Basically, with one domain, MS say you can install the GC role on ALL DCs
          Since a GC is required at logon, gut feeling is "the more the merrier"
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

This article may clarify this issue for you and answer your questions. http://www.petri.com/understanding_fsmo_roles_in_ad.htm
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X