need help sharing using $

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help sharing using $

Im using server 2003, i want to set home folder to users in directiry d:\users\
    now what i need is that users of sales will be in d:\users\sales\%username%
    now i need step by step to know what to do so i can HIDE using $ the path of the home folder.
    what i do is creating folder in d:\ "users" , share it with full control to evreyone.
    than i set in active directory in home folder "\\den-dc1\users\sales\%username%, when i log with the user he see \\den-dc1\user\sales\user i want him to see only user folder without the path. when i add $ to the sharing folder d:\users (sharing name users$) and try to set home folder in active directory \\den-dc1\users\sales\%username% that says that cant set folder.... need solution please

Re: need help sharing using $

You need to define the $ sign in the share path.
    \\Den-dc1\users$\Sales..............

You could define your hidden share at the sales level and give only the Sales department read and modify NTFS permission and Full control on the share level. Define the users home folder \\Den-DC1\Sales$\%Username%.
    If you use Aduc to set the home folder, you could even remove the read and modify permission on the Sales$ folder. Uncheck allow inherentance, and let ADUC create the home folder. The user will get proper permissions when the home folder is created.
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment