Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP query

Hi all,

I need to build a query in AdFind which results in the users that aren't a member of one of multiple (distribution) groups. This is what I've come up with so far, but this does returns me all the users, so I've made an error, but don't see what's wrong with it:

Code:

AdFind -f "(&(objectClass=User)(objectCategory=Person)(|(!memberOf=Group 1)(!memberOf=Group 2)(!memberOf=Group 3)(!memberOf=Group 4)(!memberOf=Group 5)(!memberOf=Group 6)(!memberOf=Group 7)(!memberOf=Group 8)(!memberOf=Group 9)(!memberOf=Group 10)(!memberOf=Group 11)))" cn
    Can anyone give me some advice?

Very kind regards,

Duncan

Re: LDAP query

You should provide the 'distinguest name' of each group, because that is how it is added to the Memberof attribute.

Filter:
    Code:
    "(&(objectClass=User)(objectCategory=Person)(!(|(memberOf=cn=Group 1,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 2,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 3,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 4,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 5,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 6,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 7,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 8,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 9,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 10,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)(memberOf=cn=Group 11,ou=My Groups,dc=domain,dc=local))))"
    \Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Re: LDAP query

Rems,

Thanks for yor reply, your remark about the DN was very helpful.

At first I still didn't receive the desired result from the query, but after some fiddling around with the operators, I've nailed it!!! I had to use the AND operator instead.

This is the code I used:

Code:
      (&(&(objectClass=User)(objectClass=Person)(!(memberOf=CN=Group 1,OU=My Groups,DC=domain,DC=local)))(!(memberOf=CN=Group 2,OU=My Groups,DC=domain,DC=local)))(!(memberOf=CN=Group 3,OU=My Groups,DC=domain,DC=local)))(!(memberOf=CN=Group 4,OU=My Groups,DC=domain,DC=local)))(!(memberOf=CN=Group 5,OU=My Groups,DC=domain,DC=local))
      Regards,

Duncan

Very kind regards,

Duncan
      Last edited by snurbnacnud; 22nd March 2010, 14:42. Reason: Finally nailed it!!!

Comment

Working...
      X