Combination of Taskpad (mmc) and reset password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combination of Taskpad (mmc) and reset password

I'm building a taskpad view (winthin mmc) for an unskilled helpdesk so they can reset passwords without having some knowledge where to find the right buttons.

But I have one small problem where I can't get any good answer.
    I can creat the taskpad for the Users container (OU) with the menu command reset password, BUT I can't creat the same view for another OU where our domain users are located. I haven't got the option for menu command: reset password If I make a new taskview for the other OU.

I have specified the option: Apply this taskpad view to: All tree items that are the same type as the selected tree item.
    But if I select the right OU the button "Reset Password" disappears.

What am I doing wrong?

Using Windows 2000 adminpak on a W2K professional workstation with Domain and Local Admin rights.

"Users" container is not an OU - it's a common mistake to think of "Users" container as one.

Create the taskpad view when you are focused on a real OU (notice that the icons are not the same. "Computers" is another example of a container that is not OU) and apply it to all tree items that are the same type.

HTH
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Originally posted by Antid0t
      "Users" container is not an OU - it's a common mistake to think of "Users" container as one.

Create the taskpad view when you are focused on a real OU (notice that the icons are not the same. "Computers" is another example of a container that is not OU) and apply it to all tree items that are the same type.

HTH
      I was to much focussed on making the taskview on the highest OU, but there are no users located in this OU only other OU's.

I have made the taskview on an OU with users and now overything works fine.

I had this answer already from a teacher of one of my trainings, but super thanx for the effort Antid0t..

Comment

Working...
      X