Merging users from different OUs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging users from different OUs

I have an issue with merging users from different OUs (in one domain) and it's related to GPOs.

Current situation:
    - some employees have two different accounts in two different OUs (in one domain)
    - Each OU has its own user- and computer-based GPOs

Desired situation:
    - one account for the entire domain

Question:
    - Is it possible to provide employees an option during login to choose which OU's GPOs should be applied? And how can this be done in Active Directory?

Thank you very much.

Jacobus

Re: Merging users from different OUs

Originally posted by jacobus View Post

Desired situation:
    - one account for the entire domain

Question:
    - Is it possible to provide employees an option during login to choose which OU's GPOs should be applied? And how can this be done in Active Directory?
    Hi Jacobus,

To create one account as far as i know it would be manual process and giving permission and setting appropriate GPO.

The only way you can achieve different application of different gpo is to select different Logon Account.
    Last edited by v-2nas; 23rd February 2010, 06:19.
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Thank you very much. Assigning GPOs to local OUs causes daunting challenges in case of reorganizations..

Comment

Hi,

There is no way of doing it the way you want it. I am not quite sure why you have to have two accounts for one user to begin with!
        The OU where the user or computer object resides should only serve the Administrator and should be transparent to the end user.
        Out of curiosity,can you clarify what Group policies have you got setup and how?
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X