Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old DC can't be found in Sites&Services, Metadata Cleanup not possible

Hello all;
    We have a 2003 domain and sometime ago we had a failed DC. It had to be demoted forcefully and metadata cleanup was performed. Now when i run the "Microsoft IT Environment Health Scanner" it starts by telling that i have this DC configured incorrectly. To resolve this, i need to "metadata cleanup" this DC. But when i try to do it, of course i cannot find it in any of the sites, so i cannot perform the cleanup.
    The failed DC account is still in Active Directory as a disabled computer account. It was already deleted from DNS, Sites&Services .. etc. [i thought i had done a successful cleanup]
    I need to clean whatever is left of this DC. What do you think i can do now?
    Thanks a lot.

Re: Old DC can't be found in Sites&Services, Metadata Cleanup not possible

Hi ,

Try to remove it using ADSIEDIT.msc but be extra cautious while dealing with ADSIEDIT You need to have support tools installed
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Re: Old DC can't be found in Sites&Services, Metadata Cleanup not possible

You shouldn't really perform a manual cleanup, there's far too many objects you don't know about that need removing.

Use NTDSUTIL to perform the metadata cleanup, see here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498

Then have a quick check in DNS to make sure no SRV records are there and that the GUID record used by replication is not there.

Comment

Working...
      X