"Server Not Opperational"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Server Not Opperational"

I have a vbscript that I am running, that pulls info from a csv, and loops and gets users data in AD.

Sometimes when I run this on different networks, it runs perfectly.
    Others, I will see a gradual search time get longer and longer...

So for example, the first 100 records are quick, the next 200 take 1-2 second serach times, then the next 3-4 search time...then after that it goes to the normal "Server Not Opperational" however i can still ping the server etc.

Ive looked all online and couldnt find the anwser to this.
    Is there a way in AD somewhere I exclude my computers ip from being throttled someway?

Thanks everyone!

Re: "Server Not Opperational"

Hi,

I am not familiar with VBscript. But you can do the same thing very efficiently using powershell and quest ad management command lets. You can supply the list of servers which needs to be queried.

If you require I may help you convert the existing vbcode to powershell code.

Thank You
    v-2nas
    PS you need to install .net framework sp 3.5, powershell, ad management command lets (free)
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Originally posted by v-2nas View Post
      Hi,

I am not familiar with VBscript. But you can do the same thing very efficiently using powershell and quest ad management command lets. You can supply the list of servers which needs to be queried.

If you require I may help you convert the existing vbcode to powershell code.

Thank You
      v-2nas
      PS you need to install .net framework sp 3.5, powershell, ad management command lets (free)
      I did try this with powershell, i get same results.

Seems like something is throttling my queries i can do to AD.
      Is there such a mechanism in AD?

The first few hundred records i get, i get fast, then each seach object AD gets slower and slower until the server goes off line..

I get the "server not operational" message. however a few minutes later i can do the whole process over again...

Comment

you can try excluding the servers which are causing issues and performance also depends upon how the connectivity is, what data is being pulled, how much load the server is taking for queries.

btw can u upload ur script, i can try to tweak it.
        Thanks & Regards
        v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
        Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
        Independent IT Consultant and Architect
        Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Originally posted by v-2nas View Post
          you can try excluding the servers which are causing issues and performance also depends upon how the connectivity is, what data is being pulled, how much load the server is taking for queries.

btw can u upload ur script, i can try to tweak it.
          i am getting index fields in the global catalog, Ive even tried to target a DC for the data, however same thing.

Is there a setting somewhere in AD where you can turn off DNS attacks so it dosent see the computer im running my script from as a attack computer?

Thats what someone was telling me...

Comment

Working...
          X