No announcement yet.

Problems after renaming Group...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after renaming Group...

Here's the wierd problem i'm experiencing today, and I can't seem to figure out the resolution...

We have a group called "DriveGroupA" with the following users already members:

We use kix scripts to map drives for users, depending on group permissioning. So on logon, Users1, 2 and 3 get "DriveA" mapped.

Today, we had to rename the "DriveGroupA" to "DriveGroupB", and also added Users 4, 5 and 6 to it afterwards.

The kix script was also updated so that "DriveX" is mapped instead.

Now, the problem is that Users1, 2 and 3 never get DriveX mapped, despite being members of the group. Users 4, 5 and 6 however, get the drive mapped as per normal - proving that the script and changes were successful.

I've taken into considering replication on the DCs, and also removed User1 from the group, waited 10 minutes for replication, then added User1 back to the group and waited another 10 minutes, but the drive still fails to map.

Any ideas people? As i've certainly ran out of tests!

Many Thanks!

Re: Problems after renaming Group...

Did users 1, 2, and 3 log off and back on since the group name change? Group membership is contained in their user token and changes to group membership only takes affect after they log off and back on to get a new token. I wonder if the same holds true for a group rename.

Re: Problems after renaming Group...

Yep, I've rebooted many times as the user, in debug mode as well to test the script.
      The KIX group check skips it as if the user was not a member - no errors at all...