Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC time out of sync

Hey all,

I've been struggling with this all day and I could use some help.

I run a small network here at my house with a 2003 R2 server running Active Directory. Last night I blew the circuit in my computer lab and the server went down. When it came back up, the BIOS had reset itself and reset it's clock. Unfortunately when I got to the console I simply hit F1 to bypass and didn't bother to actually reset the clock. When the system came up the date/time in AD was different than the date/time of the local system clock. I don't run a second DC. Because the clocks are different I can't login to the DC system. There's obviously no local users on the system so I can't bypass AD to reset the local system time. All of the PCs on the network are now getting bad date/times from the DC and services are no longer functional (i.e. DNS, AD logins....etc). I've tried a bunch of different things and I can't seem to get into the DC to reset the AD date/time. Any suggestions?

-Phrancie

Re: DC time out of sync

Got it fixed. For whatever reason, I never seem to think Safe Mode is going to fix anything. Well, it allowed me to get in and reset the clock. After that, everything worked fine.

-Phrancie

Comment

Re: DC time out of sync

Might be an idea to replace the CMOS battery in the server.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X