Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Folder

Hi,

I have configured home folders for the users under the profile tab in AD and mapped them to H drive with the path \\servername\users$\%username%. Whenever a user reboots the pc and tries to login his H drive gets mapped to \\servername\users$. When the user logs off and login the H drive maps correctly. Does anyone know why the H drive maps to \\servername\users$ instead of \\servername\users$\%username% when a pc is rebooted?

Thanks,

Shani

Thinking out loud:

- any chance of conflicting policies?
    - a replication problem that will correct itself over time (how long ago did you make the change, and do you have multiple sites?)

Comment

We have a single site with 2 domain controllers. There are no replication problems.

Comment

Are those W2K or XP clients ? (W2K can't map a subfolder of a share)

When the user logs on and gets \\server\\users$ mapped as H, take a look at the environment variables by running SET from a command line. Are them pointing to the correct location ?
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

All clients are Windows XP. I will try the set command and see what it points to.

Comment

I ran the SET command when the home folder was mapped to \\servername\users$ and got the following output:

HOMEDRIVE=H:
            HOMEPATH=\
            HOMESHARE=\\servername\users$\username

Comment

Re: Home Folder

Shani,

We got the same problem. All our security settings are correct.
              We have this problem after upgrading some clients to Windows XP SP2.
              (or a security patch ?)

Already solved this problem ?

Comment

No I haven't solved the problem. One thing I noticed was If the drive is not mapped and user logs off and login the drive maps correctly.

Comment

Can any one help me with this? It worked fine for 1 week on my computer and now it is not mapping correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X