Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 will not work after removing GC from old DC

Hi all,

I have a pretty weird problem. I have 2 DCs (DC1 - W2k3SP2 with AD and Exchange 2k3, DC2- W2k8 with AD and Exchange 2k7) on the network. Both DCs are Global Catalog servers (GC). DC1 was the old exchange 2k3 server and still is AD and GC. DC2 is the new AD, GC, and exchange 2k7 server. I was able to migrate and move the FSMO roles, mailboxes, OAB, and etc to DC2 from DC1. Clients are pulling their emails successfully from DC2.

I've disabled all of the exchange 2k3 services on DC1 and no problems thus far. However, as soon I uncheck (remove) GC from DC1 we start having issues with client connecting to Exchange on DC2. I would have to enable GC on DC1 and Exchange will work again. I also noticed when I reboot DC2 and attempt to logon, it would hang at "Please wait for User Profile Services" stage. To bypass this, I would have to restart DC1 and no more problems logging onto DC2.

My goal is to remove Exchange 2k3 and AD from DC1 and demote it as a member server to be used for something else. I cant get to this stage until I resolve the issue between DC2 and DC1. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Exchange 2007 will not work after removing GC from old DC

From MSExchange.org:- link
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: Exchange 2007 will not work after removing GC from old DC

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
      From MSExchange.org:- link
      Thanks, I've already got that pointed to DC2..

Comment

Working...
      X