Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot access the folders and files

Hi all,

I use win2k and have a folder shared for hr dept. Now I need to add a new user to access that folder and all that files.
    I add the full control for that new user and I check it is ok.

As a result, some folders & files are ok but some folders & files cannot access and some files display read only when open.

Anyone know why and how to solve this problem?

Help!

Have you propergated the changes down to all files and folders??

You can do this by clicking advanced and ticking the 'reset permission on all child objects'.

To make life easier aswell instead of adding / removing users seperately to the folder why not create a security group and grant the necessary privilages and then all you need to do is add / remove users from the security group when you want to grant / revoke access

Hope this helps

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Michael,

I already used this method but it still cannot use those folders & files.

I also do a test as the following:
      1. create a new folder
      2. add the original user who can use that folders with full control
      3. add that new user to it with full control

As a result, the original user can use it but the new still cannot use it??
      I can see the full control in the w2k but I use perms.exe to check it. It show no right??

Do you know why???????

Comment

Are you using share permissions as well as security permissions. If you are then remember the most restrictive permission applies

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I use both permission!

Comment

Working...
          X