Local GP should not effect to the Local Admin in stand alone PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local GP should not effect to the Local Admin in stand alone PC

Local Group Policy settings should not effect to the Local Admin in stand alone PC with Xp Professional.

Hi Friends,

Is there any way\ method to apply group policy settings to users not to Local administrators group.

For ex: if we are enabling this policy "Prevent access to the Control Panel", it will applicable to whoever login in that particular system as that is a stand alone xp system.

If my query is not clear,,,, please let me know,, I will try my best level to explain the exact issue.

Re: Local GP should not effect to the Local Admin in stand alone PC

You can go to the GroupPolicy folder in C:\Windows\System32 and go to the security tab. In there you can add the local user account or Group and assign them the Deny Read & Execute permission. That way the GP settings from the User section will not apply to that user or group.
    Somewhat a similar principle as the Security filtering in a Domain GPO
    That will prevent the policy from applying to them.

Cheers
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thank you very much for your quick reply..

My question is, whoever login to the Stand alone Xp PC Gp settings can apply only except administrator's group.

The GP settings should not effect to the Administrators group. the same settings can effect to users.

Comment

Hi,

This is what I answered I think. You can give the administrators group deny Read permission. This is not a very elegant way of doing it because if you need to edit the LGPO in the future you'll have to reinstate the original permissions. But it's a dirty workaround!
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X