Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evacuating a domain of objects and inserting in to newdomain

How can i achieve this?

I am incharge of a fatally misconfigured DirectoryService, (SINGLE LABEL DOMAIN) and i would very much like to move the object from mis-configured domain to a properly named domain.

The domain itself is in native mode already, so no NT BDC trick to achieve this.

i have 2000 objects approx in the dDirectoryService, perhaps an ADMT?
    LDIFDE? CSVDE? but they would then need to be heavily modified i wouild suggest?

Ideas and comments please.

Thanks people

The single-label issue is repairable. Why not go down that road?

For a migration with least impact to users: ADMT, migrate users and groups including SIDHISTORY.

Comment

to be honest, i have read the KB article and implemented all the changes required of that article. But still do not have a 100% system.

Its been a real pain in the arse, i would however prefer a system on a proper dns/domain name model. first advantage of this would be the removal of WINS/netBios resoultion.

So admt? i shall try and return with the results.

Comment

to be honest, i have read the KB article and implemented all the changes required of that article. But still do not have a 100% system.

Its been a real pain in the arse, i would however prefer a system on a proper dns/domain name model. first advantage of this would be the removal of WINS/netBios resoultion.

So admt? i shall try and return with the results.

Comment

Working...
        X