Domain controller authentication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain controller authentication

At our main office M we have few domain controllers and many remote sites (R1, R2...) which many have their own domain controllers.

I have recently create a new vlan\subnet at our main office and the new servers on that subnet are pointing to the current domain controllers in M. However, the network guys see requests going to the remote site domain controllers. Is there a way to prevent requests initiated in the new subnet to go to DCs in the remote sites (R1, R2...)?

Re: Domain controller authentication

You need to change the replication topology in Sites and Services.

you can add or remove DC,s replication partners, be aware that the DC's in the new vlan must replicate with at least the DC in your main office, main vlan, and the remote sites can replicate with M in the main office, i dont see a problem with that..

unless anyone else can.
    MCSE 2003; MCTS Vista; Sec+; CCNA
    Attitude Makes The Difference!
    in other words you got to WANT to do it..

Comment

There is no DCs in the new vlan. The servers are pointing to the DCs in the Main office (M) which is at the same location but on a different VLAN.

Comment

I think you need to create a new subnet in AD Sites and Services and then assign it to Site M.

Comment

If you have many Remote sites i guess you have plenty of SiteLink and SiteLink Bridges that you might have to look into.

If they aren't correctly setup the traffic can go all over the place

As the others said, take a look in AD Sites and Services and verify that everything seems to be correctly configured.

Comment

Working...
          X