Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block "restore previous version" of ShadowCopy folders with GPO or RegKey

Hello there

Does anyone know if there is a chance to remove the "restore" button from the "Previous Version" window only for folders?
    If a user will restore a single file then it's ok, but of course if it has the chance to restore the entire departmental folder he/she can really create a big damage.
    Is the Shadow Copy meant only for "MyDocuments" and not for a departmental share?
    Thanks in advance

--
    A.C.

Re: Block "restore previous version" of ShadowCopy folders with GPO or RegKey

That would be cool, I've always feared that exact scenario but theres no way to do it.

I think if the folder is read only then they can't restore it. Have your ACE apply to subfolders and files only.

Comment

Shadow Copy is meant to be used by users once they've had sufficient training both in how to use it, and how to use caution when using it.

Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        Shadow Copy is meant to be used by users once they've had sufficient training both in how to use it, and how to use caution when using it.

I was afraid to read that answer
        BTW I understand perfectly that point of view
        thanks for all

Comment

Working...
        X