Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add PC in the domain controller

hello all

is it possible to add directly a PC named deca which has a domain uptown directly to another server machine which is configured as domain controller named ITpark without changing the domain of the PC deca?

actually, this inquiry of mind is related to another post or thread that i assistance how to manage or access the printer from the domain that is different that of my PC.

as an idea, i have the Administrator-rights to access the domain controller ITpark but i just don't know where or what to change in its settings or configuration.

perhaps anyone can show me the way or walk with me through it. afterall, i'm sure that i'm not the only one who will benefit this ques.

hoping for an enlightenment.

cheers!

Re: add PC in the domain controller

Please could you describe exactly what you are trying to achieve? From reading your initial post, I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

No, you can't do something on the server to make computer X part of the domain - you have to change those settings on computer X. All you can do on the server is create a computer account in the domain for that computer to use (done automatically when you add a machine to the domain anyway).

If users in domain X need to access a share in domain Y, then you can look into creating a trust between the domains.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

You could always give the Everyone account complete access to the printer share and the printer itself. Then ANYONE could access the printer.
      GoogleFu is strong with this one ^

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        Please could you describe exactly what you are trying to achieve? From reading your initial post, I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

No, you can't do something on the server to make computer X part of the domain - you have to change those settings on computer X. All you can do on the server is create a computer account in the domain for that computer to use (done automatically when you add a machine to the domain anyway).

If users in domain X need to access a share in domain Y, then you can look into creating a trust between the domains

hi gforceindustries ..

what i'm trying to emphasize is that the PC deca which belong to the domain uptown can ping all the existing PC's that is belonging to another domain ITpark.

but if i try to access those other PC's under domain ITpark like if i used Explore and put in its address bar \\kustkare\c$ ... it request for a username and password.

likewise, if i try to remotely shutdown PC kustkare under domain ITpark using the command prompt ... the result shows:

C:\>shutdown -r -m \\kustkare -f
        The network path was not found.

C:\>

actually, the domain uptown doesn't anymore exist. its been ceased after moving to another office. and in my own point-of-view, its only a name that acts like a Workgroup.

i just didn't change the domain of the PC deca to be under domain ITpark since all the PC's that are under the domain ITpark has been configured to have a limitations like its pre-defined to have a minimal user access in all the applications, as well, bound to have a small amount of storage size in its space

so i thought that if i can only add directly the PC deca to the domain ITpark without changing the domain itself for the said PC is much better since i will still have all the freedom and privileges and all the rights to do want i want without being hampered by the limitation set by the domain controller ITpark.

this is the perception or my idea that is why i want the PC deca just to be added directly by correct me if i'm wrong but adding the PC deca to User and Groups or Computers in the domain ITpark?

hoping i have given enough info, but i'm still willing to add if ever anything is needed or required. just kindly advised what to check or look into the systems.

cheers!

Comment

hello all ..

kindly assist my inquiry. thanks.

cheers!

Comment

Please STOP bouncing your posts.
            If a member has anything to contribute they will. If you need help more quickly, you can contact microsoft and pay for it.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Seriously, your posts give me a headache reading them. I think even Batman would be stumped by this riddle.

As per you other post regarding these machines, if Uptown Domain no longer exists, remove Deca from it and join it onto ITpark. I can see no reason to have a workstation still joined to a non existant Domain when physically connected to an existing Domain.

How does Deca keep logging on to a Domain that no longer exists? What AD is authenticating it?

If the printer is mentioned again in this thread, this thread shall be merged with your other one.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Deca doesn't need to authenticate to Uptown if it's unavailable. It'll use its previous stored credentials. The default is 10 users and then whatever the group policy was for the password to expire
                GoogleFu is strong with this one ^

Comment

No, I think you cant do that and
                  also that is not the way to keep your privileges.
                  The chase is better than the catch

Comment

If you absolutely insist on having this PC on a Non-existant domain then you can use scripts to map drives using credentails Domain\user "password"

you can also script the remote shutdown to provide credentails, i have some scripts if you ask em nicely.

Thanks
                    MCSE 2003; MCTS Vista; Sec+; CCNA
                    Attitude Makes The Difference!
                    in other words you got to WANT to do it..

Comment

Working...
                    X