Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMT - time to run ?

And other assorted questions....

We're planning a side-by-side migration from an existing 2000 native mode forest, into an entirely new forest.

1) Does anyone know any way to test how long ADMT might take to run ? I'm talking about a C:\windows\ntds folder size of around 225MB if that helps.
    2) our structure consists of a global domain, then a subdomain for each region. The site we are targetting first is a site within a sub domain (call it aus.company.com) If we only want to do the specific items at that site, like users and computers, we'd have to specify which items we were migrating, correct ?
    3) If we were migrating that Dc at the site, as long as there were other DCs in the domain reachable (even if thye were at a separate site) we shouldn't have an issue, right? it just needs to be able to reach both the source and target DCs ?

I' im the middle of reading the ADMT migratio nguide.. I've just got alot to read and a lot to do, and think..
    Last edited by tehcamel; 14th September 2009, 05:57.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif
Working...
X