No announcement yet.

AD & Samba Integration

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD & Samba Integration

I have done a little searching and have not found anything that looks like it is what I am looking for. If I missed it, I apologize in advance.
    At any rate, I have been tasked with bringing a 2008 AD environment online. Simple enough, however, I am being asked to integrate it with the current Samba environment.
    It is my understanding that OpenLDap/Samba is being kept around for certain Linux boxes and applications. The MS AD will manage the machines, GPO, etc.

So, long and short is, will AD and Samba play nicely and integrate easily? No? Either way, if someone would share their experience or be able to point me to helpful resources, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Re: AD & Samba Integration

We recently upgraded our Windows 2003 domain to Windows 2008 and our existing Solaris 10 servers were unable to do Samba connections or LDAP lookups any more.

There is a possible fix from MS to fix authentication:

I also suggest that you configure in Local Security Policies for LAN Manager Authentication level to use 'Send LM and NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated' so that it will work with older clients or servers.