Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My systems are authanticate at remote adc while local adc is located at local site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My systems are authanticate at remote adc while local adc is located at local site

My systems are authanticate at remote adc while local adc is located at local site.
    Any body tell how can I tight my local site to my local system.

can I run any login script or doss command to fix the problem of authantication

Re: My systems are authanticate at remote adc while local adc is located at local sit

Set primary DNS servers as local one in all client work station either by DHCP or manually. If its fine try to change the SRV Priority

Go to DNS Console > Expand Forward Lookup Zone > domainname > _MSDCS > _TCP > in right pane find two records "LDAP" and "KERBEROS", edit these records and change the priority to 0 for this domain controller.

By default it is 0 and 0 is highest priority.
    If you find SRV records of other DC's in local site, change the Priority to 1

Comment

Re: My systems are authanticate at remote adc while local adc is located at local sit

sir dns is ok as specified by you, but the local desktops are consuming the wan bandwidth for authanication with another adc .
      can I run the script or DOS command that direct the authanication to desired local adc & save the bandwidth, if its pl. advice me thesame.

Comment

Have you setup sites in AD Sites and Services? Is a local DC at each site also a GC? How many domains do you have?

Comment

In my network sites & serice is configured & my adc is located at my site . My gc is located at another site & we have 25 to 30 adc in diffent sites

Comment

You need to make a local DC a GC as well or at least enable Universal Group caching.

So the sites in AD Sites and Services have multiple subnet objects?

Comment

Dear sir,
              we have diffent subnets are connected through routers & with diferent sites .
              What unversal group membership do in my scenero.
              Can I made some arrangement that can stop the authanication from remote adc & this authanication is going through slow wan link.
              I have to fix this so that my gpo will update through local adc.

Comment

When authenticating, a Global Catalog will be contacted. Look at these links with regards to Universal Group Caching and Global Catalog config.

Also, make sure that your clients at each site are pointing at a local DNS server as the Primary address.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...28(WS.10).aspx

Comment

Do you have a GC on each site???

If you don't then a remote one will be contacted.

Comment

Working...
                  X